Hi Hotpod People,
It brings us a lot of sadness to say that we have closed our studios as of 17th March. At this point, we don’t know how long for, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated.
In nearly 8 years, we’ve never had to do this. But, it’s clear to us that it’s absolutely the only responsible course of action. As the country (and the world) faces an unprecedented situation, we need to do our bit to help combat this health emergency and to try and ensure the most vulnerable in society face the best chance.
None of us know exactly how long this will go on for, but we hope we’ll be back together in the studio in the not too distant future. In the meantime, as we all face an isolated and somewhat anxious period, we’re keen to ensure we can remain an outlet for you – to bring you a dose of calm, health and happiness. So, we’re now streaming live classes from your favourite teachers! (Take a look at our online schedule to book in to a class). We will also be publishing a selection of superb video flows on our website very soon so you can login and enjoy from the comfort of your home (get your bergamot essential oils out & turn your radiators up).
We’re also going to be doing our best to continue to support our freelance teaching community through what will be a very difficult time for them. You can help us do that by making a donation at any of our streamed classes or simply by keeping your membership running (memberships are now on hold indefinitely, so just email us to ask us not to put yours on hold if you feel you’d like to contribute).
So that you’re completely in the loop, take a look at our Frequently Asked Questions for more clarity:
What will happen to my membership?
We have held (frozen) all memberships indefinitely, so all future payments will be skipped. Once we know when we are able to open the studios again and have our classes running, we will be able to calculate any credit due to you. Either way, we will make sure you are only paying for what you are using!
I would like to cancel my membership – what do I do?
We hope to be back up and running as soon as possible, and have held all memberships so no payments will be processed at this time. However, if you still feel that you’d like to cancel your membership, please shoot us an email on [email protected]
We are unable to offer refunds for past payments.
How do I join the online classes?
- Simply log into the website or app, choose a studio (it can be any studio) and head to ‘prices’. You’ll see that we’ve got a couple of class pass options for you, which will allow you to choose your donation – £0, £2, £5 or £10. Your contributions will help us continue to support our amazing team of freelance teachers.
- Please note, you will need to add our new live online class passes to your account in order to book, any existing studio class passes or memberships you have with us will not work.
- If you have opted out of class registration emails, you will need to turn this back on to make sure you receive the link to the online class. Log into your account and head to My Account >> Notifications. Here, tick “Class attendance notifications (registration emails include calendar appointment attachment)”
- Once you’ve added a class pass to your account, make sure to book in to the online class on our schedule. You will then receive a booking confirmation with a link to join the online class.
- In the booking confirmation there will also be details of how to play our music from our Hotpod Sounds app, Spotify or Soundcloud.
How else can I help/contribute?
You can purchase yoga mats, straps and bricks online via our website to help you create a bit of Hotpod at home. Any purchases will massively support us and our teachers during this time. If you are already set up for your home practice, you can also show your support by purchasing a gift voucher online – they never expire so you can activate it when we open our doors again.
Your loyalty means the world to us and we’re hugely looking forward to seeing you back in the pod soon!
Max & Nick